Dolby Atmos® enriches your movie sound with speakers from all directions, including overhead. Feel the depth, clarity, and detail fill you theater as sound moves around you in three-dimensional space. Make sure your next movie is unforgettable with Atmos® sound!
Freeing Sound from Channels—the Dolby Atmos Concept
A typical surround sound system consists of left, center, and right discrete channels with the speakers behind the screen. The most immediately noticeable difference in a Dolby Atmos system is the use of overhead speakers, but that's just part of the story.
Dolby Atmos defies traditional surround sound systems not only with a more extensive array of mounted speakers, but with sound that moves around you. Each movie in Dolby Atmos is tailored by movie studios to fully utilize the speaker system when telling their story; notice sound rush around you in sync with what you're seeing on-screen!
Dolby Atmos combines distinct sound elements with traditional channel-based audio content. It supports up to 128 simultaneous and lossless audio streams and allows for up to 64 discrete speaker feeds.
Dolby Atmos redefines the cinema experience by offering content creators new ways to tell their stories. It adds the ability to control distinct sound elements in a soundtrack to the traditional channel-based approach for mixing.
- Dolby Atmos is supported by all major Hollywood studios and countless international distributors.
- More than 650 titles have been mixed in Dolby Atmos.
- 26 of the top 30 grossing movies worldwide in 2016 were mixed in Dolby Atmos.
- Dolby Atmos is installed in more than 75 countries worldwide.
- More than 150 mixing facilities worldwide use Dolby Atmos.
- Since CineAsia 2015, the Dolby Atmos footprint has grown from 1,400 to more than 2,700 screens.